Hair Care Cocktails with Bumble
Posted: May 21 2014 | Author: Marielle T
At LUX, we LOVE Bumble & Bumble, and we love their arrangement of lines that target all our hair care needs. But have you ever discovered the potential you can unlock by mixing and matching products from their varied assortment?
Here are a few of our favorite Bumble hair care cocktail recipes for classic summer styles and a matching warm-weather cocktail to accompany. Drinks with friends are best enjoyed when you are flaunting great hair, no?
1. Smooth Operator
Hair: Sleek and Smooth
- Wash with Creme de Coco Shampoo to add softness and flexibility and condition with Straight conditioner to smooth down frizzies.
- Layer spritzes of Tonic and Thickening spray throughout damp hair to create a workable base.
- Smooth poufy ends with Straight Blow Dry
- Round-brush blow-dry for sleek straight hair, and finish with a flat iron.
- Mist with Spray de Mode to seal all the goodness in.
Drink: Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie (Makes 4)
- Toss 1 cup strawberries, 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, 1 cup lemonade, 2 cups of crushed ice, and 1.5 tablespoons of powdered sugar into a blender.
- For a little somethin’ extra, add 1/2 cup vodka and 1/2 white wine
- Blend all together and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
2. Sea Breeze
Hair: Salty Beach Waves
- Wash hair with Seaweed Shampoo to for gentle shine and to prevent dry scalp, condition with Thickening to encourage volume.
- Prepare damp hair with a coat of Tonic, and brush through.
- Apply surf spray to bottom half of hair and finger style while doing so. Toussle and let air dry.
- For mid-afternoon bump-up, apply city swept to dry roots and shake it up.
Drink: Salted Lime Margarita (Makes 2)
- Blend two cups of crushed ice in a blender until slushy.
- Add 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice, 1 1/2 oz tequila and 1 1/2 St. Germain Elderflower Liquer to a shaker.
- Rim glasses with lime juice and roll in coarse sea salt to rim the glass. Fill with crushed ice.
- Pour mix from shaker onto ice, garnish with lime slice and fresh mint.
3. Bubbles & Bounce
Hair: Full, Bouncing Body
- Wash with Surf Foam Wash to add texture and volume, condition with Thickening Conditioner.
- In your hand, mix Quenching Complex and Tonic lotion. Work through damp hair.
- Mist Thickening Spray all over and comb through.
- Use Straight Blow Dry while round brush blow drying, or hand drying twisted sections of hair.
- Ruffle up and finish ends with Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil to keep things smooth.
Drink: Bubbly Peach Bellini (Makes 4)
- Toss 1/2 cup of mango, 1/2 cup of peaches, 1/2 tbsp of fresh lime juice and 1 oz McGuilicutty’s Peach Schnapps into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Fill 1/4 of your glass with puree and fill the remainder with prosecco.
- Top with edible floral ice cubes (optional)