Gifts for Dad
Posted: Jun 11 2014 | Author: LUX Staff
“My dad has a habit of knowing exactly what he wants, telling us about it…then promptly buying it for himself. As you can imagine, it makes gift giving for birthdays and Father’s day unbearably difficult, and sometimes downright impossible. Instead of defaulting to another tie or box of golf balls, this year I am trying to think outside the box and get him something that he needs, but might not think of picking out for himself…like good skincare.” -Kat
To spare dad from yet another necktie, we’ve rounded up a few of our favourite picks just for him:
Easy-going, No-fuss, Get-up and Go. Gifts for the Classic Dad
1. Jack Black All-Over Wash: A flexible 3-in-one that is perfect for guys on the go. Provides cleansing and hydration for the face, hair and body. This is especially handy for camping or travelling Dads.
2. Triumph & Disaster Gameface Moisturizer: Always a solid choice due to our unaviodable dry climate. A good, rich, fast-absorbing moisturizer must have for everyone.
3. Capt. Fawcett’s Alum Bar: If he isn’t familiar with alum bars yet, he should be! An essential shaving kit addition that soothes red bumps, prevents in-growns and even speeds the healing of nicks and cuts. You’ll hear many thank-you’s for this one.
Modern, Editorial and a Little Unique. Gifts for the Trendy Dad
1. Capt. Fawcett’s Moustache Wax: If he’s got a trendy moustache, he’s gotta keep it looking sharp! Soft, malleable and grease-free for the ultimate in facial hair styling.
2. Fatboy Perfect Putty: Unlike most hair waxes or gels, Fatboy delivers volume, lift and hold with a MATTE finish that imparts the look and feel of perfection.
3. Triumph & Disaster Old Fashioned Shave Cream: Go back to the days of barbershops and a frothy creamy lather for the best shave he’s had in years. In a tube for easy access or jar for optimal use with a brush.
4. Dr. Hunter’s Foot Comfort Cream: Though he won’t admit it, he probably needs a little foot care. This classic old-world design won’t scare him away, and his feet will be very thankful for it this summer.
Still unsure of what to get? This Saturday June 14th from 12pm-4pm we will be hosting ‘ASK JACK’ in our Men’s care section so you can have all your manly questions answered. You can also join in on twitter, tag your question @LUXbeautybtqYEG.
Any purchase of Jack Black this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in-store OR online also will recieve a free JB Mint Intense Therapy Lip Balm. You don’t want to miss it!